Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Many Faces of Mom


I went up to visit Mom in Utah the week of her first surgery. It was so good to see her--to hug her--really hug her. I broke into tears the second I saw her. I told her I'd be wearing pink. I did.

I love this dear woman so much.

It's killing me that I live hundreds of miles away in Arizona and can't be there to support her with a lot of what she'll be experiencing these next few months. Good thing we've already made it a tradition to go to Utah for several weeks in the summer. The excuse has always been because of the AZ heat, but everyone knows it's really because I can't live without Midway...and my Mom.

I took some pictures of her while I was there. She humored me and wore pink. We laughed, we cried...and died laughing...especially when I told her to show me the great gap between her teeth that I love.

Here are some of the many faces of our Mom.

1 comment:

  1. The beautiful Gayle - You look so pretty in pink. We are keeping you in our prayers. You are a great example to everyone - everyone loves and adores you w/ your generous good spirit. Take care and please, please, call whenever you need anything.....green smoothies, etc. Love you...Nancy J.

    ReplyDelete